Saturday, February 21, 2015

Applegate Naturals gluten free chicken nuggets

I was so excited to see this in the frozen section of my grocery store that I decided to purchase it.
I have been craving chicken nuggets ever since I found out that I couldn't eat gluten anymore and had to fix chicken nuggets several times for my kid's meals.

When you look at the chicken nuggets on this box, your first thought is, "Oh, they look so crispy and delicious", well, unfortunately they aren't 100% as amazing as the photo portrays.

Before I get into details about these chicken nuggets, I first want to mention that the bag inside is very small and they only give you like 16-18 chicken nuggets, if you plan on getting it for a family dinner and have 5 people in your family like I do, I would definitely buy 3 boxes or more.

After taking out the chicken nuggets, I was eager to take that first bite but that first bite wasn't the greatest. The crust and breading is very crispy and tastes similar to that of KFC's coating on their chicken but the inside was what surprised me. The chicken inside was pureed and had a rather disturbing texture. The nuggets itself were eatable but awkward because when you bite into these nuggets it's like a crispy pureed sensation in your mouth.  The taste and awkwardness of these chicken nuggets are 10 times worse when they start to get a little colder while sitting on your plate.

I am pretty positive that I will not be purchasing these nuggets again, but that is just me.

I give these nuggets a 2 out of 5 score.
(The two is only there because of it's fantastic breading)



Have you had these nuggets before? Do you find them disturbing or delicious, comment below and share your experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment