Saturday, February 21, 2015

Namaste pizza crust mix

Since the diagnosis of my Celiacs disease at the end of September 2012, I have had to keep myself away from pizza which has flour & gluten in it. Watching my family & friends eat pizza and not being able to consume it myself was just breaking my heart. I decided I was going to make my own pizza. While at the grocery store once again, we found this pizza crust mix and decided to try it out. Once we were at home and ready to make the pizza, my husband read the directions and did exactly what the mix required. He had to mix everything, put it on the pan and then cook it before we could add anything to it. Once it was done cooking, the crust was similar to a very large chip (hard and crispy) even though the oven was set right and we didn't over cook it.  The way it turned out had me thinking this pizza crust could be a giant frisbee. The crust alone even though it was seasoned, was very plain and unexciting in taste. After we took it out and it cooled for a little bit, I was able to add the sauce and toppings. Once the pizza was done and we could take it out, it was time for me to cut this pizza. When I went to cut it, it made horrible cracking noises similar to crunching up chips in a bag.  I am pretty positive that I will not be buying this pizza crust again, but that is just me. 

I give this product 2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment