Saturday, February 21, 2015

Trader Joe's three cheese gluten free pizza


This is yet another one of the things my husband so kindly brought home for me that one night from TRADER JOE'S. I love my pizza, so I was very pleased that he brought this product home for me to try. 

Last night I wasn't sure what to make for myself for supper, so it dawned on me that I had this pizza just waiting for me in the freezer. 
After digging it out and looking at the back for the instructions, that was when I realized that this pizza requires a partial 20 minuet thaw before you can even put it in the oven. 
That right there was a little discouraging but I still had some hope left in me that this will turn out super amazing. 

After about 15 minuets of baking time, It was time to take it out and try a piece. 
The first thing I noticed was that it has a very nice thin and crispy crust which got me a little excited, specially because I absolutely LOVE thin crust pizza. 

The next thing I noticed after taking the first bite was that it was so watery. The tomatoes on here hold in A LOT of moisture, so when the pizza is baked, you are left with a very watered down pizza. 
The crust was very heavy on the side of ROSEMARY and it had a very Italian taste which was really, really, really over powering. 

The sauce on the pizza appeared to be like splatters of tomato paste with a lot of open  spaces where there was no sauce and it tasted like they used a tomato paste right out of the can, it has a tin taste to it. This sauce also has NO SEASONINGS and I mean not even pepper, which is very disturbing in my opinion. 

The last thing I noticed about this pizza was it's cheese, this right here tells you a lot about the pizza if the cheese is the last thing I notice. The tomatoes and canned tasting unseasoned sauce overpowers so much that the cheese almost gets drowned out. I could taste a tiny amount of cheese but to me it sure didn't taste like (3 cheeses) instead, it tasted like a very mild mozzarella. 

I was not by any means impressed with this pizza and it doesn't even come close to the 3 BAKERS pizza I've had before, which tastes thoroughly amazing. 

If you are fine with a watery, Rosemary crust, slightly cheesy & tomato paste pizza, then this is a perfect pizza for you. Otherwise, I would avoid this at all costs. 


I give this pizza a 1 out of 5 star rating. 



Have you had this pizza before?. 
We would love to hear from you, please comment below. 









No comments:

Post a Comment