Saturday, February 21, 2015

Trader Joe's battered Hailbut

Here is another product that my sweet husband purchased for me from Trader Joe's.
I haven't personally had battered fish in a VERY LONG TIME, so you can imagine the excitement inside of me when I saw he had bought this.

When I pulled the bag out of the box, I was disappointed at how many you get in there. I counted exactly 8 of these slightly small battered halibut, which to me is a big bummer but not a huge surprise since most gluten free products are super expensive for just a SMALL AMOUNT.

After baking it, I was very impressed by the view of it's CRISPY OUTSIDE. It wasn't flaky, gooey or crumbly, but it stayed together perfectly, which to me is a sign of a very good batter.

After taking one bite of the battered halibut, I was in heaven. The coating is for sure very crispy and it has a very mild and pleasing buttery taste. The halibut inside is very mild in fish taste but just the right amount at the same time.

I think the only issue I had with this product is that they didn't give you enough of them in the box.
If my husband happens to go to Trader Joe's again in the near future (which I hope he does), I will be requesting that he pick up at least 4 of these. If you are reading these posts hun, this is a BIG HINT!

  *If you are making these for a family larger then 4, I would recommend you purchase more then one box.*


I give this product a 5 out of 5 star rating because it's THAT AMAZING!! 

Let's put it this way, if I were to close my eyes and eat Battered Halibut with Gluten Batter & this Trader Joe's Battered Halibut (gluten free), I CAN HONESTLY SAY, I WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME FIGURING OUT WHICH IS THE GLUTEN ONE AND WHICH IS THE GLUTEN FREE ONE.


Have you had this before?, did you like it?
Let us know by commenting below.

No comments:

Post a Comment