Saturday, February 21, 2015

Udi's Chicken Burritos



We are BIG Costco shoppers, almost have to be with a family of 6 and I'm excited to announce that Costco has become very gluten free friendly. They have gluten free breakfast sausage, gluten free chicken and almond cups, they have Udi's G.F. bread and now they also have UDI'S GLUTEN FREE CHICKEN BURRITOS. 

These come frozen, individual wrapped and in a pack of 8 burritos. 
The directions say you have to wrap a wet paper towel around the burrito and cook it in the microwave for 1:45 minuets.  I find that with my microwave it's realistically 2:00 minuets. 

The outside tortilla is on the doughy side but I think it would crisp up nicely if ever cooked in a frying pan. 
There is a tiny amount of spice to this and ( kind of) reminds me of those MINI CHIMIS you can get from the restaurant PERKINS. 


They really don't have enough chicken in here, it's mostly filled with beans, corn and rice. 
The rice is on the sticky/pasty side but it still tastes good. 
Sometimes you can taste some sort of cream sauce in there which is pretty tasty. 

My personal recommendation is adding a little ranch dipping sauce on the side of your plate to dip. It cuts down on the slight spice and gives it extra flavor. 

These burritos are a LIFE SAVER for me when I make a meal for my family and it turns out it wasn't gluten free after all or somehow it gets cross contaminated and I am left with nothing to eat. 
All I have to do is go over to the freezer, pull one of these out, wrap it, microwave it and BOOM, INSTANT LUNCH OR SUPPER that wont make me sick!. 

FOR ALL OF YOU ON THE GO- This is a perfect product for you. 

I will add a note to this product review once I try frying it in a pan or bake it in the oven. 

Do I like it and do I recommend it?, well, let's just say I've purchased this box of burritos twice now and I plan to purchase it A LOT MORE in the near future. 

*NOTE, DO NOT MICROWAVE THIS BURRITO FOR LONGER THEN 2 MINUETS IN HOPES THAT THE PASTE IN THE MIDDLE WILL GO AWAY, IT ONLY HARDENS UP & BECOMES UNEATABLE.* 

I give this product a 5 out of 5 star rating. 



HAVE YOU TRIED THESE BURRITOS BEFORE, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?. 
SHARE WITH US BY COMMENTING BELOW. 

*UPDATE AS OF 10/14/14, I tried putting this burrito in the oven in hopes that it would cook better and not be as pasty in the middle. The outside seemed to crisp up better but there was still a small portion inside of the burrito where it was pasty. I think because of the rice and the way the tortilla is made, cooking it in the oven and microwave will always result in a little paste taste inside. 
I have yet to fry it in a pan, will let you know when I get around to doing it, how it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment